World of Wine - The New World (Lytham St. Annes)
Wine Course at Fylde Rugby Club in Lytham St. Annes - Thursday 4 Oct to Thursday 25 Oct
WHO IS THIS COURSE DESIGNED FOR?
The introductory 4-week World of Wine - The New World Course is a practical introduction to the wines from The New World ( Australia, New Zealand, California, USA and more). It is designed for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more. No previous experience is needed and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the course:
- you will have gained a good understanding of the world’s major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- you will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional
- we will have tasted wines from the new world’s major wine regions
- you will have more confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- you will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses and comprehensive tasting notes are all provided.
Please note that there is a charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £50.00) of £10 per evening payable on the night. Great value - the cost is still under £22.50 per evening.
4 Oct Australia and New Zealand – the different regions, plus tasting skills and aroma tests
11 Oct Chile and Argentina – plus the importance of climate and weather
18 Oct South Africa and USA – plus how to store wine and why
25 Oct Emerging Regions (England, Georgia, Bulgaria, Morrocco and others)
Places Available: 4
Course Date/Time: Thu 4th Oct 2012 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hrs
Venue: Fylde Rugby Club, Lytham St. Annes