World of Wine - The Old World (Lancaster)
Wine Course at The Storey - Four Night Course Over 4 Months
The introductory 4-week World of Wine - The Old World Course is a practical introduction to the traditional world of wine, examining the original wine producing nations of Europe. Taste great Bordeux, Chateauneuf-du-Pape, Amarone, Barolo and Rioja along with lesser known but just as delicious wines. The course is designed for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more. No previous experience is needed and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine with friendly people. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine.
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the course:
- you will have gained a good understanding of the old world’s major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- you will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional
- we will have tasted wines from most of the world’s major wine regions
- you will have more confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- you will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses and comprehensive tasting notes are all provided.
Please note that there is a charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £50.00) of £10 per evening payable on the night. Great value - the cost is still under £22.50 per evening.
World of Wine - The Old World
Fri 7 Sept - France I – Alsace, Burgundy and the Loire, plus how wine is made and the importance of blends
Fri 5 Oct - France II – including Bordeaux, Southern France and Rhone; understanding wine labels,
Fri 2 Nov - Italy and Germany – the regions, plus food and wine matching
Fri 7 Dec - Spain and Portugal – plus new wines, supermarket v the independents
Places remaining: 6
Course Date/Time: Fri 7th Sep 2018 at 7-9pm
Duration: 4 weeks
Venue: The Storey, Lancaster LA1 1TH