4 Week - New World Tour of Wines - (Preston)
Join us over 4 evenings in Preston, as we learn how to taste wine like professionals and explore the best "New World" wine producing countries. We will have nights dedicated to Australia & New Zealand, Chile & Argentina, South Africa & the USA and to finsh with some sparkle, a Champagne and Sparklng wine session.
WHO IS THE COURSE FOR?
The course is for anyone who would like to learn more about wine. No previous experience is needed. This 4-week ‘Tour of the New World’ wine tasting course is structured as a practical introduction to these more modern regions of the world. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it.
WHAT HAPPENS ON THE COURSE?
- Taste at least 6 wines per eventing
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £5.00 to over c£25.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Viognier, Semillon, Chenin Blanc & many others
- Comprehensive tasting notes to take away are provided on each night and a small selection of cheese and ham to complement the wine are provided.
The course programme (all Thursdays 7-9pm and IF YOU NEED TO SKIP ANY we can credit you so you can pick them up when they repeat or use your credit for any other tasting):
14th Oct - Australia & New Zealand + how wine is made
21st Oct- Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
28th Oct- USA & South Africa + understanding wine labels
4th Nov- Champagne & Sparkling Wine - always a fun 'end of term' party!
This is a fantastic opportunity to taste over 25 exciting wines and discover those you like best. Challenge the way you think about wine - forever!
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and nibbles provided.
This course makes a great gift idea and if you are booking a place as a gift we can arrange for a voucher to be sent.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Thu 14th Oct 2021 at 7-9PM
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: Holiday Inn, Preston, PR1 3AU