Cheese & Wine Matching Evening (ONLINE)
If you love Cheese and Love Wine this online cheese and wine matching evening and learn more about the best cheese and wine pairings to enjoy at home.
We'll be explore 3 Cheese and Wine pairings to show you how the cheese can improve the flavour of the wine. You'll be amazed at the difference!
We shall also talk about food and wine matching more generally, and you'll pick up some really good tips to practice at home.
On the evening we will try three different cheese and wine combinations with a mix of red and white wines from the following:
I would recommend buying in advance:
- 1 bottle of French Sauvignon Blanc from the Loire Valley, ie from Touraine, Haut-Poitou, Sancerre, Pouilly-Fume, etc (any winery from the Loire will do),
- 1 bottle of Argentine Malbec
- 1 bottle of French sweet white wine, from either Sauternes, Monbazillac, Jurancon, Barsac, or Coteau du Layon, sweet Vouvray, etc (any winery will do), and opening those wines LIVE with us on the night.
Tesco & Sainsbury's sell half-bottles of Sauternes for only £12.50 or for a little more the superb Chateau Suduiraut Sauternes from Waitrose for £16, but only £13 at Majestic if you buy as part of a mixed case of 6 bottles.
For the cheese platter, I would recommend getting:
- 1 FRESH goat cheese;
- 1 boursin with garlic and herbs;
- 1 roquefort blue cheese;
- 1 Wensleydale with apricots,
- 1 very mature or vintage cheddar (Booth's Barber's 1933 vintage is excellent)
- some crackers (water biscuits would be best), caramelised red onion chutney.
1 ticket will entitle everyone in your household to attend this tasting (no need to buy a ticket per person!).
Places remaining: 1
Course Date/Time: Fri 24th Jul 2020 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 Hours
Venue: ONLINE ON ZOOM (INVITATION SENT BY EMAIL)