Saturday Introduction to Wine (Lytham)
11am to 4pm - including Champagne & delicious 2-course lunch at the beautiful Glendower Hotel plus a tutored tasting of 12 superb wines. Passionate about wine & want to learn more? Each course is a fascinating introduction to the world of Wine. Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then these are the courses for you ! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, & describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
This is a great opportunity to meet like-minded people and taste world-class wines with a delicious lunch crammed in too! Places on this event are available as a great Gift.
Why not stay the night at The Glendower? Get a special rate of £90 for a twin or double room by calling 01253 723241 and quoting 'Wine School'.
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Sat 28th Aug 2021 at 11:00
Duration: 5 Hours
Venue: Glendower Hotel, Lytham St. Annes