8 Week - Introductory World of Wine Course (Preston)
Join us on a jaunt around the globe on Thursday evenings as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc, Argentine Malbec to Chablis and Champagne. If you want an in-depth, yet broad-based, introduction to the Wonderful World of Wine then this is the course for you.
The World of Wine course runs weekly, but if you need to miss an evening you can easily pick it up when the course runs again or receive a credit against the cost of any of our other tasting or event. So don't worry if you are going on holiday or need to be away at any point!
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting nearly 60 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
Please Note: course Fee excludes cost of wine, food and materials which are priced at £10 per evening, payable on the night. That still adds up to less than £22 per evening!
Course Dates (3 October to 21 November - all Thursdays - if you can't make any, let us know and you can pick it up next time):
- Week 1 - Introduction to wine: tasting skills, aroma tests, major grape varieties (note it is not required to attend this session first - if you happen to be away the content is re-capped in other sessions and it won't spoil your enjoyment to catch it again later or even do it last!)
- Week 2 - France: all the major regions + the importance of climate and weather
- Week 3 - Italy: the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
- Week 4 - Spain & Portugal + serving and storing wine
- Week 5 - Australia & New Zealand + how wine is made
- Week 6 - Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
- Week 7 - USA & South Africa + understanding wine labels
- Week 8 - Champagne & Sparkling Wine!
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
Your venue for this course is The Holiday inn, Preston PR1 3AU See our Venue page for more details.
Customer Feedback (See our TripAdvisor Page for more feedback)
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Thu 3rd Oct 2019 at 7-9pm
Duration: 2 Hours x 8 Weeks
Venue: Holiday Inn, Preston PR1 3AU