8-week Introductory World of Wine Course (Lancaster)
Wine Course at The Storey Institute in Lancaster (Music Room) - Thursday 3 Oct 2013 to Thursday 21 Nov 2013
The 8-week World Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. You will soon learn which wines you like and where to buy them.
- Approx 60 wines will be tasted in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £4.99 to over £30.00.
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the worlds major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc, & many others
Professional ISO tasting glasses and comprehensive tasting notes are all provided.
Please note that there is a charge (in addition to the Course Fee of £85.00) of £10 per evening payable on the night. Great value - the cost is still under £21 per evening.
Course Dates (8 weeks, all Thursdays)
"Colin, many thanks for the informative evenings over the past 8 weeks, Irene & I have really enjoyed ourselves and as we said last night the course had opened our eyes to a variety of wines we previously would have ignored" - Mick & irene Gore March 2013
"We have done several courses with Colin at the Lancashire Wine School; the World of Wine course, the Spain course, and are just completing France vs the Rest of the World. They have all been extremely enjoyable and very informative! You're basically getting together with a great group of like-minded people to taste wines and learn about how and why they taste the way they do. The greatest thing we've learned is that you can't be wrong! Fabulous fun and great value for money!" - Dr. Duncan Sayer - UCLAN 2011
Places Available: 15
Course Date/Time: Thu 3rd Oct 2013 at 19:00
Duration: 2 Hours x 8 Weeks
Venue: Music room, Storey Institute, Lancaster