WSET Qualification Courses
Wine and Spirit Educational Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications suitable for Hospitality and Wine Industry professionals and wine enthusiasts. As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) The Lancashire Wine School has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework, accredited by OfQual.
Why book a WSET course with The Lancashire Wine School?
We are part of the award-winning Local Wine School network - our members have been nominated for Riedel WSET Educator of the Year 4x times in the last 6 years AND won the award in 2015!
- we offer a personal service with direct feedback on progress
- course numbers are kept below 14 to give more individual attention
- assistance offered to students when needed outside the classroom
- we don't sell wine - we are professional wine educators, not retailers
Previous Corporate Customers have included Barrica Wines, Booths Supermarkets, Bartle Hall Hotel, Best Western Glendower Hotel, EWGA, Fullaloves Wines, Heathcotes, L'Enclume, Olive Tree Brasseries, Turners Wines, Turton Wines, Virginia House (Ulverston), Whalley Wine Shop.
WSET Scholarships & Prizes are awarded annually by WSET to those candidates who have achieved outstanding marks in their WSET exams. In Jan 2018 over 40% of these prestigous WSET L2/L3 Prizes were awarded to customers who studied with our Local Wine School network! For more details see here.
We offer WSET Level 1 and 2 courses, see which is right for you.
- The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is intended to establish the basic skills and product knowledge required in the service and retail of wine; it is ideal for preparing a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- This course is also a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to study in a structured way: the qualification will cover skills such as identifying wine styles, practice of storing and serving wine, and food and wine matching.
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course. Click the red level 1 logo for the full Level 1 course specification in a new browser window.
- The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industrywho have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.
- The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry who wish to study wine using a structured curriculum and formal assessment. Please note - you do not need to have completed WSET Level 1 in order register for Level 2. It is a natural progression for those who have attended the The Lancashire Wine School 8-Week World of Wine Course.
- The course is an absolute must for anyone considering pursuing a career in the wine industry. Acheiving a good grade in this qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines.
Click the blue book cover to open the full Level 2 course specification in a new browser window.
If none of the Lancashire Wine School dates are suitable, you could attend the course with one of the other schools within the Local Wine School network. Yorkshire Wine School in Leeds, Manchester Wine School and Birmingham Wine School, all offer WSET Courses at various levels throughout the calendar year. Please click on the wine school name above for further information.
Not sure which is the right level for you? Click below for further details about each course...
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wines is an ideal starting point for anyone who is considering embarking on a professional career in
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 9th Sep 2019 at 09:00
Venue: Holiday Inn, Preston, PR1 3AU