WSET Qualification Courses
Wine and Spirit Educational Trust courses provide globally recognised qualifications suitable for Hospitality and Wine Industry professionals and wine enthusiasts. As a WSET Approved Programme Provider (APP) The Lancashire Wine School has been certified to offer this qualification as part of the UK's Qualifications and Credits Framework, accredited by OfQual.
Previous Corporate Customers have included Barrica Wines, Booths Supermarkets, Bartle Hall Hotel, Best Western Glendower Hotel, EWGA, Fullaloves Wines, Heathcotes, L'Enclume, Olive Tree Brasseries, Turners Wines, Turton Wines, Virginia House (Ulverston), Whalley Wine Shop.
WSET Scholarships & Prizes are awarded annually by WSET to those candidates who have achieved outstanding marks in their WSET exams. In Jan 2018 over 40% of these prestigous WSET L2/L3 Prizes were awarded to customers who studied with our Local Wine School network! For more details see here.
We offer WSET Level 1,2 and 3 courses, see which is right for you.
- The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines is intended to establish the basic skills and product knowledge required in the service and retail of wine; it is ideal for preparing a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
- This course is also a good introductory first course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to study in a structured way: the qualification will cover skills such as identifying wine styles, practice of storing and serving wine, and food and wine matching.
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course. Click the red level 1 logo for the full Level 1 course specification in a new browser window.
- The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines and Spirits is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industrywho have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.
- The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry who wish to study wine using a structured curriculum and formal assessment. Please note - you do not need to have completed WSET Level 1 in order register for Level 2. It is a natural progression for those who have attended the The Lancashire Wine School 8-Week World of Wine Course.
- The course is an absolute must for anyone considering pursuing a career in the wine industry. Acheiving a good grade in this qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the WSET Level 3 Award in Wines.
Click the blue book cover to open the full Level 2 course specification in a new browser window.
Not sure exactly what is covered in the Level 3 Course?
The Level 3 Award in Wines is a course designed for anyone wishing to gain in-depth knowledge of wines and build upon the knowledge gained at Intermediate level. You will acquire a thorough understanding of the factors influencing the style, quality and price of wines from key wine producing regions of the world. You will also develop analytical tasting skills using the systematic approach to tasting as tasting will be part of the examinations. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority as a Level 3 Vocational Qualification. This qualification provides the knowledge required for those wishing to progress on to the Diploma Level 4.
Click the green book cover to open the full Level 3 course specification.
If none of the Lancashire Wine School dates are suitable, you could attend the course with one of the other schools within the Local Wine School network. Yorkshire Wine School in Leeds, Manchester Wine School and Birmingham Wine School, all offer WSET Courses at various levels throughout the calendar year. Please click on the wine school name above for further information.
Not sure which is the right level for you? Click below for further details about each course...
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award (formerly known as the Intermediate Certificate) and is intended as
Places remaining: 5
Date/Time: 15th Oct 2018 at 09:15 - 16:30
Venue: Holiday Inn, Preston, PR1 3AU
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wine (formerly known as the Foundation Certificate) is ideal starting point for anyone
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 21st Oct 2018 at 09:15 - 16:30
Venue: Holiday Inn, Preston PR1 3AU