World of Wine Courses £185
Welcome to the most popular Wine Course in Lancashire!
- grow your confidence for choosing wine
- explore and discover new favourites
- save money by learning to choose wines you are more likely to enjoy
- meet new people sharing your interest
- Have fun learning in an informal environment
Our World of Wine Course runs one evening per week for 8 weeks and is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It's flexible - you can even join mid-way and pick up any missed sessions later in the year!
It is a Perfect Gift for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it in a fun and relaxed environment. No previous experience required – the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine and it's a great way to meet new friends.
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS? - No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings.
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THIS COURSE?
By the end of the 8 evenings:
- You will have gained a good understanding of the world's major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce
- You will have been taught to assess and taste wine like a true professional, and be able to identify any faults found in wine (e.g. a corked wine)
- During the 8 evenings we will have tasted wines from most of the worlds major wine regions (tasting over 50 wines)
- Food & wine matching will also have given you a lot of confidence to try new wine pairings with your favourite foods
- You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary using our Nez du Vin aroma kits
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
KEY FEATURES OF THE WORLD OF WINE COURSE
- Taste 50 delicious wines in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £6 and £30
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine and food matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing and serving wine advice
- Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Grenache and others
- Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc and others
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting notes and course notes are all provided
COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK
- Week 1 - Tasting skills, aroma tests, major grape varieties (note it is not a requirement to attend this session first - if you happen to be away and can't attend the content is re-capped in other sessions and it won't spoil your enjoyment to catch it again later or even do it last!)
- Week 2 - France: all the major regions + the importance of climate and weather
- Week 3 - Italy: the major wines + principles of wine and food pairing
- Week 4 - Spain & Portugal + serving and storing wine
- Week 5 - Australia & New Zealand + how wine is made
- Week 6 - Chile & Argentina + common wine faults
- Week 7 - USA & South Africa + understanding wine labels
- Week 8 - Champagne & Sparkling Wine - always a fun 'end of term' party!
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
Join us in Preston on a jaunt around the globe on Thursday evenings as we visit a variety of wine-making countries, tasting everything from Chianti Classico to Marlborough
Places remaining: 12
Date/Time: 16th Sep 2021 at 7-9pm
Venue: Holiday Inn, Preston PR1 3AU