Saturday Courses Inc Lunch £75
Our Saturday Wine Courses are a great day out and a great introduction for beginners to the world of wine. Starting with Champagne you will taste 12 wines. A delicious 2 Course lunch is provided so all you have to do is sip back, relax and enjoy!
"We attended the Saturday Introduction to Wine at Lytham St Annes in March 2012. I can't rate this course highly enough. I bought this for my Wife as a present for her 30th Birthday. We both like wine but have never really engaged in any formal wine tasting before. We found Colin to be very knowledgeable and the content of the course to be just right. I would definately recommend this course to anyone who is thinking about it. The location (Glendower Hotel) was nice and the atmosphere was very pleasant and friendly" - Roger Bate
So if you're passionate about wine & want to learn more then these courses are for you. Each course is a fascinating introduction to the World of Wine. No wine knowledge is required. Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? Then these are the courses for you ! It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
Our Saturday Wine Courses make a great Gift for any occasion! See the sort of delicious lunch menu provided on these courses.
· Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
· New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
· Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
· Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
· How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
· Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
· How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
· Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
· Tutored Tasting of 12 Wines
· The effect of climate on the taste of wine
· Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
· Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice – with practical tastings.
Wine Tasting Experience Day in Lytham St. Annes. Starting with champagne a full day's tasting including a delicious 2 course lunch Champagne and 12 wines to taste. This is a
Places remaining: 12
11am to 4pm - including Champagne & delicious 2-course lunch at the highly recommended Nice Restaurant in the delightful Storey Institute in Lancaster City Centre plus a tutored tasting of 12
Places remaining: 14
Wine Tasting Experience Day in Lytham St. Annes. Starting with champagne a full day's tasting including a delicious 2 course lunch Champagne and 12 wines to taste. This is
Places remaining: 12