Saturdays + Lunch & Champagne fr £75
Our Saturday Wine Courses are a great day out and a great introduction for beginners to the World of Wine. Starting with Champagne taste at least 12 wines. A delicious lunch is provided (see examples of the delicious lunch menu provided on these courses). No previous wine knowledge is required. Do you want to discover fascinating and delicious new wines & grape varieties? Do you want to taste a wide variety of wines and understand what makes them so different ? Do you want to know which wine to drink with what food? These Wine Experience Days are also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine.
See what our customers thought about our last event in February :
Our Saturday Wine Courses make a great Gift for any occasion!
Stay the night at The Glendower and take advantage of our special Wine School rate of £85 for a twin or double room. Call 01253 723241 quoting 'Wine School'.
We also run these Courses in many other locations across the UK!
- Introduction to the Worlds major wine regions
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, & Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, & others!
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing
- Improve your senses! - Aroma wheel, Nez du Vin
- How to taste wines – aroma, taste, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored Tasting of at least 12 Wines
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy / where to obtain the best value for money / storing & serving wine / understanding wine labels
- Food & Wine Matching – tips & advice
Wine Tasting Experience Day in Lytham St. Annes. Starting with champagne a full day's tasting including a delicious 2 course lunch Champagne and 12 wines to taste. This
Places remaining: 10
Date/Time: 2nd May 2020 at 11am - 4pm
Venue: Glendower Hotel, Lytham St. Annes
11am to 4pm - including Champagne & delicious 2-course lunch plus a tutored tasting of 12 superb wines. Passionate about wine & want to learn more? Each course
Places remaining: 8
Date/Time: 13th Jun 2020 at 11am - 4pm
Venue: Glendower Hotel, North Promenade, Lytham St. Annes, FY8 2NQ